It comes in many styles, sizes, and species and, on the surface, looks just like solid wood. My living room has gorgeous hickory engineered wood–with knots, grains, and undertones.
The only difference between engineered and solid wood floors is the construction.
When shopping, consider the following:
- A thicker veneer (wear layer). This layer is usually between 2-3-mm. The thicker it is, the more often you can sand and refinish it.
- A high-quality plywood center. While engineered is more stable–less apt to expand and contract–a plywood core has more flexibility which, in turn, leads to more efficient adjustments.
- The number of layers. Look for engineered wood flooring with anywhere from three to nine layers. The layered construction makes it more stable and better able to handle water. Remember, the more layers, the more durable.
- Look for the options that suit your lifestyle. Not all engineered hardwood flooring is the same.
Say, for instance, your home has children and pets. You may want planks with extra durability, such as hickory, oak, or hard maple.
Check out Citadel by Fabrica, Atlantic by Chesapeake, or Turlington Cherry by Bruce.
Finally, decide on textures and finishes
Texture puts the finishing touch on your engineered hardwood floors in Nashville, TN. Ask about wire-brushed, hand-scraped, distressed, or smooth.
We also offer an assortment of finishes.
Benefits of engineered wood floors
- Engineered hardwood flooring is not prone to warping.
- There are more installation possibilities. For example, it can be glued, stapled, or installed to float.
- These floors have a quick and easy installation which translates to less expensive for you.
- They come pre-finished with an ultra-tough coating that can only be used in controlled settings like a factory.
Visit us for your engineered wood flooring and more
Why go anywhere else? At L&L Flooring Company, you can count on us to provide quality engineered hardwood flooring products, professional installations, and superior customer service.
We treat every home as though it were our own. Visit us in Nashville, TN, and you'll be glad you came in. We service Nashville, Franklin, Brentwood, Nolensville, and Spring Hill.